We've recently implemented the ability to scale the Game's rendering resolution to keep the UI nice and crisp. Setting the Scene Scale value will allow you to run the game UI at Native Screen resolution while running the heavy calculations of the Game Viewport in a reduced resolution.
This should help with performance when using larger screens and helps pave the way for Symbiotes and Mod support via custom-sized GameViewports.
Because this change affects a large part of the codebase, we decided to post this to a BETA branch. Any MODs which deal with UI to Worldspace Transformations are likely to be affected.
Unlike some other BETA runs, this BETA uses the live servers, as no Server-Side changes are being made. So anything you build, edit and play with will remain once this BETA goes into the Default Live Branch.
Q: Who is this BETA for?
1) You want to check how Resolution Scaling / Scene Scaling works on your system and help find bugs.
2) Are you running Unsupported MODs or Creating them? This will allow you to test your MODs prior to the next official release.
If that is you, then feel free to continue:
You can access the Branch by inputting the beta password: beta01TestingResolution into Steam TaleSpire Properties. This will allow you to opt into Beta01.
Game Resolution scaling, aka Scene Scaling:
The Game Resolution scaling setting can be found under the Settings Menu
Set the Scene Scale to a fraction value to test how it affects MODs.
If you find any bugs not related to MODs please post them over at the feedback site.
In addition to the Scene Scaling, this build also contains some other fixes:
- Fixed where dragging out multiple singular walls would not drop where expected.
- Fixed where placing a flying Unique Creature would drop it through tiles to the Ground Plane
- Fixed where UI_FloorControllers would get a null exception when switching campaigns.
Thank you all for checking out this beta, and we'll be pushing this to a full release once we're confident any major bugs on our end are ironed out.
Have a good one!