While working on the Ship Tile-Set, we realized that rope and sails are tricky to line up. So as an experiment, we've added attachment points. We'd love to get some feedback on this feature.
We've done a substantial refactor to Asset data and structure. This is part of a rewrite to pave the way for official modding support. It has likely affected unofficial Mods, and we'd like to give creators time to update Mods if necessary.
The BETA Branch will be up for a week before we push these changes live.
Q: Who is this BETA for?
- You want to check out "Attachment Points" to give us feedback on the feature and to help check for bugs
- Are you running Unsupported MODs or Creating them? This will allow you to test your MODs prior to the next official release.
If that is you, then feel free to continue:
You can access the Branch by inputting the beta password: testingAttachmentPoints02 into Steam TaleSpire Properties. This will allow you to opt into beta2 - AttachmentPoints.
To test it out:
- Go to Props in the Asset Library.
- Find things like chains, fences, pipes, etc. (not all props have attachment points)
- Place a prop.
- Hold [x] and try placing another Prop. See the preview of where it will attach.
If you find bugs or have general feedback on this feature, please post it on our feedback page: Here
We've created a board specifically for this Beta.
The substantial Refactor
Just repeating this: We've substantially refactored Asset data and structure. This is part of a rewrite to pave the way for official modding support. It has likely affected unofficial Mods, and we'd like to give creators time to update Mods if necessary.
Thanks for reading and testing!
Till next time!