Yet again, two weeks have passed incredibly quickly and unfortunately there's less to show off because, this time, the cool stuff happened in the code. Funnily enough, we broke almost all of what I showed last time, but rest assured: this is the usual progress of things - gotta break something to make something.
The breaking this time originated from all of us sitting together in a meeting reviewing the entirety of the Symbiotes API, now that we know as much as we do about it. We've talked about consistency in API calls, general behavior and if any of us feel that there are still features that still need to be added.
Well, one meeting on one day became the better part of two days and we're not even all done with it yet! However, this is absolutely great - while we identified a decent number of things that need changing, there is no fundamental problem we have overlooked, so that's a huge relief. Once the restructuring and reworking on the API side is done, I can bring the examples back into working order again and then it's off to the rest of the infamous 20%.
Apart from boring-to-look-at code changes, we did make some visible progress with the API documentation - I've put some time in to format it nicely and Baggers has worked his document generation magic to fill it with data:
Do note though, that we are still mostly just toying with formatting and what information to include where and that some of the pending changes for the API will also impact the documentation, but this is the general gist of it. There'll also be more to the documentation than just plainly documenting the calls, but that's not quite ready yet to show off.
I'd like to report on more, but we are very much in the last 20% that take 80% of the time - it all feels so tantalizingly close, yet our ToDo list has also never felt longer. We are all super excited to finally get things into your hands - and not just Symbiotes; there are many moving pieces behind the scenes right now.
Disclaimer: This DevLog is from the perspective of one developer. It doesn't reflect everything going on with the team
PS: On Thursday, Friday and Monday, there are bank holidays in Norway, so we'll gather our strength to hit the ground running after that.
: Or at least, we continue to not notice it.
: Initially, I also wanted to screenshot the table of contents of the documentation page, but it was just too long to fit and considering it is still from before our meeting and the subsequent API changes it would just be a less convenient copy paste of the list of API features we have that Baggers has given in his last dev log.